We strive to deliver on our commitment to being a progressive participant in our global community by following transparent business practices and making carefully considered choices in materials and manufacturing. These choices can be traced through a transparent chain of custody, which details where and how our products are made. This includes the tracking and third-party testing of raw materials, as well as following set engagement and remediation processes that help us resolve the tough environmental, labor and workplace safety issues in our contract production facilities
Making this commitment isn’t easy and following through is often tougher. To guide us in our day-to-day actions, we have developed a series of governance documents or “guardrails”.
Our Statement of Purpose defines what we do and our Innate Values and Supporting Actions details how we do it. The ‘how’ includes the Innate Sourcing Policy, Innate Product Sustainability Commitment and Innate Supplier Code of Conduct. If you have questions about these policies, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.
Clean design for active lives in keeping with our design philosophy of Leaner, Cleaner, Greener.
- We offer products that support an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Our actions in the communities where we make and sell our products are consistent with our statement of purpose.
- Our Sourcing Policy defines our expectations on how we will conduct business with our suppliers in a responsible manner.
- Our Product Sustainability Commitment details the criteria we use in designing and manufacturing Innate products, as well as transparency of information on the materials and processes used.
- Our Supplier Code of Conduct defines our expectations in accordance with the International Labour Organization conventions, the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations’ Conventions on Children’s Rights and the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women.
- All manufacturers of Innate labeled products will sign and adhere to the Innate Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Innate staff or their authorized representatives will conduct inspections to ensure that all facilities producing Innate labeled products are in compliance with the expectations detailed in the Innate Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Innate will ensure that our product sustainability commitments are met though a chain of custody process involving sampling, testing and documentation.
- Innate is committed to engaging with interested stakeholders on issues of sourcing and chain of custody information.
- The design criteria for Innate products are as follows:
- They must perform well for their intended use.
- They must be as durable as possible.
- They must use environmentally progressive materials and production processes where available.
- Product packaging is minimal, with as much recycled content as possible.
- A chain of custody process is used to ensure our expectations are met.
Freedom of Association and Collective: Bargaining Employers shall recognize and respect the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining. Where the right to freedom of association is restricted under law, vendors must allow their employees to raise, with the vendors’ representatives, any job-related grievances the employees may have, without penalty or reprisal.
Hours of Work: Except in extraordinary business circumstances, employees shall (i) not be required to work more than the lesser of (a) 48 hours per week and 12 hours overtime or (b) the limits on regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country of manufacture or, where the laws of such country do not limit the hours of work, the regular work week in such country plus 12 hours overtime and (ii) be entitled to at least one day off in every seven day period.
Overtime Compensation: In addition to their compensation for regular hours of work, employees shall be compensated for overtime hours at such premium rate as is legally required in the country of manufacture or, in those countries where such laws do not exist, at a rate at least equal to their regular hourly compensation rate.
Non-discrimination: No person shall be subject to any discrimination in employment, including hiring, salary, benefits, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement, on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social or ethnic origin.